How to Fix – ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED?
What does err_name_resolution_failed mean? This error occurs when there is a problem with an internet connection or issue with firewall settings.
The web page at https://tech-banker.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. You may notice the error code 137 as well.
ERROR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED is common on Windows and, more especially, the Google Chrome Browser. There can be multiple issues behind this error.
If you have installed any type of program that needs to communicate with the Internet Connection and this problem occurred just after the installation of that program then, the program you have recently installed can be a suspect to blame.
If you don’t have installed any anti-virus software on your computer, then install it now! It must install on your computer, if you want that your system worked perfectly without any errors.
Resolution to the Err_Name_Resolution_Failed problem
There is a function in windows – Netsh Winsocket Reset, which reset the socket settings of the TCP/TP stack. This’ll resolve your problem. If this doesn’t work for you, I’ve other solutions to fix this issue.
Here are the steps to fix the same issue in Chrome, Firefox:
Starts with a Preliminary check
Before proceeding to the error fixing, make sure that your Internet connection correctly configured. For example:
1. Check the games or apps which requires the Internet Connection.
2.Check out another website.
Method 1) Reset Network Settings
By Default, Your PC is set to use internet settings configured on your modem or router. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) provides the default settings & they remain the same unless changed. If the problem deals with the network configuration, just open the Command Prompt as an Administrator and run the following commands.
1. Open a Command prompt as an admin.
2. Run the following commands one by one.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
3. After executing all the above commands, you must restart your computer.
4. After Restart the computer, Open the Google Chrome Internet browser and try to access the website.
Method 2) Change DNS Settings
The second method is to change your computer DNS and use a public DNS server if there is an issue is with your DNS. Follow the following steps to change the DNS settings:
1. Right click on the Network connection located at the bottom right side of the desktop.
2. Select the open Network and Sharing Center option. This will redirect you to a new window.
3. Click on the Change Adapter Settings situated on the left side on the window.
4. Then, right click on your Internet connection Properties.
5. A popup window will appear. Here, choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties.
6. After that, replace your Preferred DNS Server to the 220.127.116.11 and Alternate DNS Server to 18.104.22.168 as you can see the following screenshot for better understanding.
7. Now, Click on the OK button.
After making all the Changes, Open Google Chrome and see if the error still insists. If the problem continues, then proceed to the next method.
But before proceeding to the next method, you need to go over the previous steps again and this time remove the google DNS address.
Method 3) Reset Google Chrome
The ultimate method to solve this is to deal with the resetting Google Chrome, To do this:
1. Open Google Chrome. Type chrome://flags/ in the address bar. [without quotes].
2. Hit the Enter button.
3. There is an option Reset all to Default as mentioned in the screenshot. Click on Reset all to default option.
4. Chrome will ask you to relaunch now. Click on Relaunch Now.
5. Last, Launch Chrome again.
If the problem still persists
Have you done everything for resolving the issue but still, the problem has persisted, then clear the cookies and caches of the Chrome.
The method for Cache and cookies is as follows:
1. For Windows, press CTRL+Shift+delete to clear the browsing caches.
A popup appears, click on Clear data.
So, these were the different techniques to fix the Error. After applying all the above methods, if you’re not able to resolve the problem, Restart or Reset your router. If it doesn’t work, contact your ISP provider to know about the problem.
I hope this helps you to learn how to fix this error.