How to Fix ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION _FAILED Error in Chrome?
ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED commonly occurs on Chrome Browser when it cannot establish a tunnel connection to the website host.
The one of another cause is when you are using the proxy to connect to the internet.
So in this article, there are different methods to get rid of this error.
Method 1) Change the LAN Settings
1. Open the Chrome Browser and select Settings.
2. Scroll down and click Advanced.
3. Go to the System section and click on Open proxy settings.
4. On clicking the proxy settings a popup will display on the screen named as Internet Properties. In the Connections Tab click on LAN Settings.
5. Finally, check the box Automatically detect settings and uncheck the box Use a proxy server for your LAN. At last, Restart your PC to apply changes.
Method 2) Clear Cache and Cookies in the Chrome
1. Go to the Chrome Browser and on the right-hand side click on Three Dot Tab and select History.
2. When you click on history a new page will open where select Clear Browsing Data. Make sure always select All time and finally click on Clear Data button.
Method 3) Restore the Default Settings
1. Go to the Chrome Browser and then Settings » Advanced option.
2. Scroll down and in the Reset and Clean Up Option and click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
3. A new page will open where select Reset Settings.
Method 4) Change the DNS Server
1. Firstly Open Control Panel then clicks on Network and Internet » Network and Sharing Center.
2. Now click on Change Adapter Settings.
3. Right click on Ethernet a pop will open where to choose Internet Protocol Version 4 ( TCP/IPv4 ) and select Properties.
4. Finally, replace your Preferred DNS server from 126.96.36.199 to Alternate DNS server to 188.8.131.52.
Method 5) Change Network Settings
1. Right click on Start Menu and select Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. This will brings you to the Command Prompt Window. Now type the following commands and then Restart your computer.
ipconfig /flushdns nbtstat -r netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
That’s all I hope this article help to know how to fix ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION _FAILED Error in chrome.